Hey. Today I want to show you how to clean dog paws before they go into your house. It’s important to keep your dog’s paws clean through every season. Of course, as pet owners, we hate the muddy paw prints and the wet feet running through our house, climbing on our furniture. But, more importantly, it’s really important for your dog’s health and safety.
You may have been wondering why I am doing this outside and the reason for that is because I like to do it out here on our doorstep before our dogs come in.
How to Clean Dog Paws: Steps
1. Here is the first tip on how to clean dog paws. You’ll need some supplies. First of all, cleaning supplies. Usually, it’s pretty easy. You can take some amigo grooming wipes. They’re big, they’re heavy-duty.
So I have these heavy-duty grooming wipes and usually what I do is just lift the paw. You can wipe it really quickly and you will see all the dirt that comes off. That’s one way to do it.
I also recommend using special stuff like KLEAN PAWS dog paw cleaner. It is quite a new product. What really attracts me here is that it’s non-toxic. This product is patented and its foaming structure is aimed at killing 99.99% of all bacteria and germs that a dog carries around on a daily basis.
Dog paws become softer and it gets rids of ringworm & roundworm. Moreover, it protects us from harmful parasites and other toxic bacteria that can get to us from our dogs.
Active Ingredient – Benzalkonium Chloride (BAC), Triethylene Glycol.
2. You can also just wipe away the towel and that dries them off and gets a lot of the dirt. So, it’s not trapped through your house, so towels and grooming wipes are great.
3. You can also equip your dog with booties that will keep them warm and dry and their paws clean, and you can just take them off before they come inside to prevent the mess.
4. One more thing I want to point out about how to clean dog paws, actually, another way to do it if your dogs are very muddy or really dirty. Sometimes they get, you know walking through mud, puddles or squishing through mud and it’ll be dirty up on the foot in the leg as well.
You’ve been through your dog in the bath, give them a bath, fill the tub with a couple of inches of water and just wash off the part. That is muddy. You know if there’re maybe six inches or so that you need to go, fill the tub with some water and just wash those paws really well to make sure you got all the dirt and debris off.
Of course, in order to do that, you’ll have to walk for your house, so typically I’ll wipe with a towel or grooming wipes outside and then bring my dog right up to the bath to prevent tracking that all over the house.
5. The other thing you’ll find now are some paw wash devices. They basically look like an oversized coffee mug with a lid. The top of the paw wash has a hole in it and you fill it with warm water, soapy water and you just place a pot in and kind of shoosh it around.
6. And the last thing I just wanted to mention really quickly. One thing about how to clean dog paws is look at between the pads of the paws and look at all the mud and dirt that gets in there. So, if you keep that trimmed with some dog clippers, that will help to prevent a lot of the debris from sticking in there.
So, these were some tips on how to clean dog paws.